RSS Feed

Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Naked Sprout Restaurant Review

Decadently delicious.

Today, I had the pleasure of eating at The Naked Sprout in Burlington, on their grand opening day. I'll start off by saying that in no way, shape or form did I get paid or bribed for this review. I was just simply in love with the food and seriously can't wait to go back.

The Naked Sprout is located at 4040 Palladium Way, on Walker's line past Dundas, in a plaza, right next to Chrysalis Yoga. The place is bigger than I expected and pretty cozy in general. I noticed the countertop walls are made of recycled corkboard (or what it looks like), as is the little clipboard that your bill comes on. They also sell packaged fancy teas and drinks, but no coffee. The staff were super friendly and checked up on us often. There was also live music today, part of the reason why I came besides a damn good excuse to try new vegan foods and go to Rattlesnake point after.

The order for the 2 people: Sushi, Noodle Tang, Warrior Bowl, Vanilla Cheesecake, Coffee in a French Press

Sushi (raw):  Parsnip rice, cucumber, red pepper, mushroom, carrots, hemp wasabi. What a creative use of ingredients and a tasty combo. I loved the hemp wasabi sauce, it was so subtle but amazing. My only repercussion is that no chopsticks were provided so this is the first time ever that I ate sushi using my hands/fork.

Noodle Tang (raw): Zucchini and kelp noodle. red cabbage, red pepper, broccoli, carrots, almond tamirand sauce. Cold saucy goodness. Yummy crispy vegetables tossed in a nutty sauce, with lots of sprinkled sesame seeds. A delicious sized bowl for a good price.

Warrior Bowl: Brown rice, grilled tempeh, sprouts, steamed broccoli, thai almond sauce. Warm gooey Thai-almondy sauce over yummy rice and veggies. My favourite part of this dish was definitely the sauce and tempeh.

Vanilla Cheescake: OMG. OMG. OMG. When I was a vegetarian, I didn't even like cheesecake but I am absolutely in love with dessert. Vanilla creamy goodness with what looked like a nut graham base with strawberry sauce on top. I don't know whether this was raw or not but I only have one word to describe it: absolutelyfuckingdelicious.

Coffee: just right, not acidic, not too bold or bitter but with a lot of flavour and body.It came with these fabulous double glass wall cups that keep the liquid hot but are cool to hold so you don't burn yourself. You can see them @ the Bodum website.

I can't wait to go back. That is all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment