RSS Feed

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Mini Potato Sandwich with Daiya Cheddar and Guacamole Topping!

When I woke up this morning (around lunch time), I knew I wanted something with Daiya. Grilled cheese sammies are awesome, but I wanted something new. I considered making a hash brown casserole with creamy cheddar sauce, but that would've taken up too much of my time.

I wanted something quick, yummy, and kind of light. I scouted the fridge to check what I had on hand and found half of an avocado. I was staring at my Daiya cheddar bag and the avocado, and thought I could maybe make fried hashbrowns blended with Daiya in it. And then a new idea was born. Fry sliced potatoes, melt some Daiya on one slice, then put another potato slice on top. It's like a mini-sandwich/slider type of deal...

It may sound weird, but it sounded strange to me too. To make it better, I decided to make some guacamole and top my potato sammies with that. The results? Actually scrumptious. I'm definitely going to be making this again when I'm in a pinch for time.

Ingredients
2 medium potatoes
Daiya Cheddar Cheese
1/2 avocado
1 tsp fresh lime juice
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
pinch of chilli powder

Directions
1. Peel and wash potatoes, then slice length wise into ovals. Fry until lightly golden, then sprinkle Daiya on half of the potato ovals in the pan. Place the naked potato slices on top of the ones that have Daiya, and constantly flip them until the cheese starts melting inside.

2. Scoop out ripe avocado, add the rest of the ingredients, and mash up with a fork until you have a dip consistency. Scoop on potato sandwiches while they're still warm, and devour immediately.

0 comments:

Post a Comment